Today, 21st of May, is the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development, following the Universal Declaration of Cultural Diversity that UNESCO adopted in 2001. This year, they have launched a campaign called “Do one thing for diversity and inclusion”. Their idea is that, if everyone does One Thing, we will create a more peaceful planet.
Do you fancy participating? If you don’t know what to do, here are ten simple ideas that the campaign’s Facebook page proposes:
- Spread the word
- Lear another language
- Learn about world celebrations
- Make traditional food
- Play a sport related to a different culture
- Listen to a new musical tradition
- Watch an international movie
- Lear about another religion
- Visit an art exhibit or museum
Also, you can follow this list of recommendations that the campaign launched in 2012. Happy Day!