“We need to invent a new model – a model that offers growth and social inclusion – a model that is more respectful of the planet’s finite resources. That is why I have made sustainable development my number one priority.”
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General.
We think the same, and that’s the reason why we’re hosting an official side event in Rio+20, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 17:00 – 18:30h. Rio Centro Convention Center, Room T-4.
- Ernst-Ulrich vonWeizsäcker, Co-Chair, Progress Forum, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung; Co-Chair International Resource Panel
- Michelle Bachelet, Executive Director, UN Women; President of Chile (2006-2010); Member, Club de Madrid
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, Prime Minister of Norway (1986-1989 and 1990-1996); Former Chair World Commission on Environment and Development; Member, UN Secretary‐General’s Highlevel Panel on Global Sustainability; Member, Club de Madrid
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Enrique Castillo. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Costa Rica
- Angel Gurría, Secretary General, OECD
- Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Mary Robinson, President of Ireland (1990-1997), Club de Madrid Member